- Learning what inflation is and how to obtain related data
As you may know from this post inflation is not good for our fiat money. Here a book definition
Inflation is a sustained increase in the general price level of goods and services in an economy over a period of time.
In a simpler language:
You can buy fewer things with the same amount of money. Decreases the value of money.
It could be caused by
- Increase in the money supply. Money printing.
- Production costs. If the energy cost increases, that could affect other products that depend on electricity to be manufactured.
- Increase in aggregate demand. When there is more demand for a product than production, it could increase in price. We saw that with graphic cards
How to obtain data
- To access with a browser use inflationtool
- If you want to access programmatically you could download reports and read them from worldbank inflation data